We always receive the blessings we need - at the time we need them.
My friend phoned me a Mother's Day wish (I had forgotten the holiday), in one of her soft-spoken, Loving tones I so enjoy sharing. The conversation became philosophical - as it so often does with us; we spoke about 'Memory Moments'.
"As I've experienced life along the way, I find that I don't always realize I'm experiencing a 'Memory Moment' - until it's past.’That's the one', I realize down the road. So now I wonder at times, is this a "Memory Moment?"
I so hear her thoughts. I think maybe - if we wonder if any particular moment is a Memory Moment, it most likely is.
Memory Moments - make life bearable - even awesome at times. Think about it. When your child is 4 and asks; "Were you alive when the dinosaurs lived, Mom?"
And what about…-"Give Grandma the money!"
- "Do they have gas stations in space, Mom?"
- Watching my 6 week old chicks fly around their newly opened outdoor pen with unmitigated joy!
- The day my foal took her first, few wobbly steps as her Mother nudged her flank with a worried brow.
- Holding my husband's hand as he awoke from serious surgery, and smiled.
- Watching the sun set through smoked filled clouds following a week long fire that came within a mile of my house.
- That feeling in my bones as they handed me my new-born child.
- The day the mold report came and stated our house was too moldy to inhabit.
- "Will you marry me?"
- "I Love you...anyway."
Count your Memory Moments; hoard them, dust them off regularly; they are food for your soul. Treasure them.
More importantly...propagate them freely. Life is short.
Especially on your...37th Mother's Day...
As always, Nature prevails.